sábado, 13 de agosto de 2011

Salt&prep. interview to Ariana Grande

We’re really excited to share an interview with the gorgeous "Ariana Grande" . You probably recognize her from Nickelodeon’s hit show "Victorious".


Salt&prep:
You have such fun style – what inspires you when you get dressed? Do you have a favorite store to shop at? What people or websites do you look at for ideas to add to your wardrobe? What is your most FAVORITE thing you can’t live without in your closet?

Ariana Grande:
I’m very inspired by Audrey Hepburn & Marilyn Monroe as far as fashion icons go. I tend to think of them as I get dressed every day! I love wearing bows and high waisted shorts. I’m girly and preppy. I love [SHOPBOP] ! That website is going to lead me to bankruptcy one day i know it haha.

-About Ariana’s role on Victorious

Salt&prep:
Tell us a bit about your role on Victorious, and how you become to be on the show. What is your favorite part about being on television?

Ariana Grande:
I play Cat Valentine on Victorious. I love my role. I love playing characters that are different. One of my favorite things about Cat is that she’s not afraid of being judged. She’s care free, silly, fun loving and free spirited. I like playing a role that encourages boys and girls to be happy and love a lot and dye their hair different colors.

My favorite part of being on television is being on a Dan Schneider show. Of course, I feel thrilled to be on a TV show anyway but it simply wouldn’t be the same anywhere else. I grew up idolizing and loving Dan’s shows and now I get to be a part of one. It’s a dream come true. He’s the best at what he does and there’s no denying it! I’m honored to be working with him! :)

Salt&prep:
How do you balance career with friends, school and being social?

Ariana Grande: I balance my career with my friends and social life pretty well. There isn’t much time for a social life but I’m thankful that my friends will always support me and love me! The best part about having true friends is that you can go months without seeing them and they’ll still be there for you and act as if you’d never left! Of course I miss my friends but they’re very understanding and I know they’ll always be here for me!

Young girls and teens feel so much pressure to be successful at such a young age, what kind of advice would you give to them about reaching their dreams, while still enjoying school, friends and downtime.
I think it’s crazy that girls have so much pressure on them at a young age. If anything this is the time in their lives for having fun and enjoying life! But, all I can say is that if you’re passionate about something then it will definitely work out for you. You should never stop believing in something, and you shouldn’t listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. Never give up on something you love.

-About Ariana’s Music Career

Salt&prep:
How long have you been playing music? What do you love about it? What do you see yourself doing in the next five years – doing more acting, or music, or both?

Ariana Grande:
I’ve been singing for my whole life. I was a singer way before I was ever an actress but I’m so thankful to have the opportunities to do both. I have no idea what I will be doing in the next five years but I hope it’s similar to what I’m doing now. I love acting and I love singing! I hope to be doing both forever.

Salt&prep:
Do you have advice for young girls and teens about pursuing a career in the arts? What has been the hardest part, and what has been most rewarding?

Ariana Grande:
My advice is to practice hard, don’t give up, and don’t take anything too personally! Sometimes you’ll be turned down for a role because you’re an inch too tall, or an inch too short, or your eyebrows are too thick. So, never give up, of course. The hardest part for me has been leaving my grandparents in Florida. I miss them so much and I can’t wait to see them. The most rewarding part is definitely the fans. I’m overwhelmed by the love we get from the fans who watch Victorious. You could win 1,000 Oscars in your life but you’ll never receive the energy, love and loyalty you get from a tween – teenage audience. :)



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario